Monday, February 8, 2016

Yes to You Being You by Raiteshia Johnson

Heavenly Father,
 
It hurts. I hurt. The disappointments of this year hurt.  I feel I am suspended in the air floating in nothingness going no where. My head hurts from trying to figure out what to do, when to go, where to go, how to go Jehovah. How do I say yes to You, to me, to greatness?
 
Yes to the promise of You that are Yea and Amen?
Yes to You being a shield around me, bestowing glory on me and lifting up my head (Psalm 3:3)? Yes, to bless You at all times and Your praises to continually being in my mouth (Psalm 34:1)? Yes to accepting the beauty You have given me and not diminishing my light or uniqueness (Matthew 5:16; Psalm 139:14)?
 
Yes to hurting, but still moving? To love?
I hear what You say, to be still. That even hurts, but I will put on the whole amour of God and rest here Strong-Tower. Yes father, to You being all that I need, to the promises written down for my benefit.  Thank You for the gift of saying yes, even in my whisper.
 
In Jesus name, 
Amen.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Personally, this month is always a little challenging for me. At the first of the year, I find myself high off of the possibilities of the year and then in February the realities of life greet me! I am learning to embrace the challenges, and hold fiercely to the hope of amazing possibilities ahead. Daily I remind myself to “take charge” and trust His divine plans.

    ReplyDelete