Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Yes to my Mess! by Darlene Sheardon


Yes to my Mess!


LORD IF YOU CAN JUST GET ME OUT OF THIS MESS!


Am I the only one who has asked this of God?

I cleaned up well when I was out and about yet my spirit was in shambles and the walls of my heart and mind was in total disarray. My footing was not on solid ground but more like quick sand that hardened into concrete. My life was in a quandary and the dilemma I was dealing with was both embarrassing and shameful. Excuse my mess was my apologetic way of dealing with my house not being in order…..Like a hoarder my mental state of mind was a reflection of the chaos that was  evident but I had found a way to be comfortable in it.

I guess I need to address what my mess was. Domestic Abuse/Violence also known as Intimate Partner Abuse/Violence!  One in every 4 women has lived, is living and unfortunately will live in a relationship mess known as Domestic Violence/Intimate Partner abuse.  It is a dirty little secret that messes up the lives of numerous families. 

I was truly a Hot Mess.  Tore up from the floor up.

LORD IF YOU CAN JUST GET ME OUT OF THIS MESS!

Prayer answered!

I left, along with my toddler daughter, with just the clothes on our backs and my child’s diaper bag.  There was a lesson in that deliverance…no need to carry baggage from the mess I was leaving….I was getting the opportunity to start over with a clean slate.

I got delivered from the mess through the Grace/Mercy and Power of God.

I know I am one of the fortunate ones who escaped safely and for many years I wanted to put my life of abuse behind me.  Thanks to the support of family, counseling, along with support groups I was able to make sense of the mess I had lived through. I went from being a victim to becoming a victor.  This should have been the end of my story but it became another beginning.  God took the distress of my mess and transformed it to bless. I survived and today I Thrive.  God took my misery and transformed it to my ministry of NuRevelations.

 I say Yes to my Mess.   It no longer identifies me. It happened to me and because of it I am more empathetic and can sympathize with others. 


Yes to my Mess has given me the passion and desire to motivate others to discover their purpose and have healthy, happy, safe, abuse free and Loving relationships!



Yes to my Mess has granted me the platform to have a vlog entitled

“Stop in the Name of Love” - in order to think things over so abuse won’t break your heart!



Yes to my Mess has granted me the opportunity to be an advocate and
Conduct seminars and workshops bringing awareness, education, prevention of domestic and child abuse.

Yes to my Mess has granted me the platform to
Conduct Relationship seminars for healthy dating and healthy communication in Marriages.

Yes to my Mess has granted me the platform to
Empower and motivate others to Live our Lives by Divine Design!


Could it be that your Mess will be your YES…it has been for me.



 



Phone 404.285.0154

NuRevelations, LLC, is a faith-based organization with a mission to Empower and Motivate everyone to Obtain God’s Purpose for their lives through seminars and workshops that present the tools and materials proven necessary and beneficial in developing a God-centered life plan. NuRevelations literally means, "In You, God has revelations for your life."  Darlene embraces the concept that we are to “Live Our Lives by Divine Design”!














3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darlene Sheardon Thank you for sharing. I too am a survivor of domestic abuse - both mental, financial and physical. It is a blessed feeling to make it to the other side and be able to reach back and encourage others. I am very proud and inspired by the work with http://www.nurevelations.com. From our first meeting, and hearing you speak, I could feel the anointing on your life. Continue to THRIVE!

    ReplyDelete