Sunday, February 21, 2016

The Truth about ME by Funmi Camp

The truth is...I know no truth. I've been struggling all my life to find a genuine, truthful happiness for myself. Trying to make myself fit into space where I didn't belong. Yearning for approval from people who would never accept me. Pretending to be like people who I knew I never truly desired to be like. Wanting material things that never really fulfilled my longing to be happy.

When I was first approached about the "Yes Blog" my initial thoughts were..."Oh NO! Saying yes to everything all these years is what has brought me to this point: my enough is ENOUGH point! So this year, I am saying yes to saying NO!

I am saying yes to saying NO to all of those toxic relationships which only push me away from God. I am saying yes to saying NO to things that are not from God and of God.
I am saying yes to saying NO to those spaces of which I do not belong.
I am saying yes to saying NO to seeking approval from others because those who truly love me have already accepted me...and all of my faults and mishaps.
I am saying yes to saying NO to unfaithfulness, unhappiness and just plain old MESS!

I will, however, continue to say YESSS  to saying yes to God! Putting Him first and His plan for me because I know this is the only place where I will experience the genuine and truthful happiness that my heart desires!

God Bless!

3 comments:

  1. Yes!!!!! I love this!!! We have to learn to say no and enough is enough!!!!! Giiiiirl you Betta say that!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funmi Camp Cheers to your boldness and courage. I high five your stance on no longer entertaining places and people that don't fit who you are. Our time and energy are extremely valuable and must be guarded to reach our God given destiny!

    ReplyDelete